Be sure to check the COVID-19 tab on our website. This is our clearinghouse for information sent home to parents. Email will be our preferred mode of communication between teachers and parents/students over the closure.
If you know of a Westby Area School District family with children in grades 3-12 that does not have internet access, please let us know (District Office 608-634-0101). We have several options to assist families during this closure.
We are planning on classes for Tuesday School will be closed on Wednesday (staff will report)
Flexible Learning will begin on Monday, March 23
Food service SURVEY...We are planning for a sack breakfast and lunch program. We are considering delivering meals to students on bus routes. Please complete this survey: https://forms.gle/2bNdiTMmYbc1GMyW6
While school is closed please follow these guidelines:
- No practices at school or any other facilities.
- No open gyms or voluntary workouts.
- Please do not encourage kids to gather with or without you.
- You can provide athletes with workout suggestions for them to do on their own. Again, please don't ask or encourage them to gather with others
Custodial...We are beginning our deep cleaning on Wednesday.
Tiffany Jothen will set up a time convenient for families to pick up controlled medicines, EpiPens, and inhalers.
1. Teachers are expected to email parents (elementary) or parents and students (MS and HS) regarding work they need to complete during flexible learning days. You can expect regular emails to be coming home over the closure.
2. Teachers will need to be available via email between 10:00AM and 3:30 PM if parents or students have questions.
3. The expectation is approximately 20-30 minutes of quality work per class.
We are inevitably going to have kids who forget things here. We are recommending that they buzz in the front door, inform the secretary about what they need and wait for staff to bring it to them.
Tuesday, March 17 is the last day of 3rd quarter and staff will be entering grades.